Although I feel like I'm pretty good at giving advice and solving problems, sometimes I think my listening skills are lacking. Most of the time it is because I am super excited about what the other person is saying, but still, I could stand to shut up sometimes and focus harder on what the other person is actually saying. I'm working on that. I do care about other people's feeling and about what is important to them, so I am working on letting them know that by listening better.
My dad just turned 60 years old. To celebrate I went with all of my siblings to Park City, UT where we surprised my dad with a weekend with his family. Unfortunately none of the grandkids could make it (unless you could Treyson, who is still in Kiersten's (my little sister) belly) but we still had a great time. We shopped (Dad's favorite part!), and went bowling and to a museum and then invited the family who was close by to come over for a party. It was so much fun. It's been a while since I was able to spend so much time with all of my siblings. The highlight: After the party was over and everyone had left, we all lined up and received a father's blessing. It was so humbling to have all of my brothers and my dad circle around me and place their hands on my head. And since my baby brother Easton, leaves on for his mission next month, it was the first time that could ever happen. We were all promised some amazing and breath taking things and I look forward to watching them occur.



8 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment