Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 04 — A favorite book

One of my all time favorite books is "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd.




I read it at a time in my life that I really needed to hear what it had to say. I was depressed, at that time in my life and didn't realize it and this book helped me recognize that and get through it. It was also about a girl reconnecting with the memory of her mother who had long ago passed away and I could really relate to the feelings she was having. And- it was full of GOOD SOUTHERN FOOD. Too bad I had to read about it and couldn't actually eat it.

1 comments:

Miranda said...

I go to a book club with some women from my ward and that is the book that they have selected to read next. Glad to know that it's so amazing!