Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 01 — A favorite song

I can already tell that I am going to have a hard time choosing one thing for some of these daily challenges. There are a lot of songs that inspire me:

Since we are trying so hard to adopt, I am quite partial to Michael McLean's "From God's Arms, To My Arms, To Yours"



I love Lonestar's "My Front Porch Looking In" because doesn't that really remind us of the important things in life and help us to remember to savor the moment



and I love Lonestar's "Mr Mom" because I love it when we get credit for how hard and incredible our jobs as SAHMs are and I am a fan of anyone who recognizes that.





The boys got their report cards yesterday and we sat down with each of them individually and went over their "grades". Elementary school is rated on a scale of 1-4 with 4 exceeding expectations, 3 is meeting expectations, 2 is needs a little work and 1 is attentention is needed in this area. The scale is laid out in a chart on the first page of the report card and after the "1" box is a box for "NA". Before we went through Dalton's stellar report card of 3s and 4s we showed him the grade chart so he knew what the numbers meant. When he saw the box for "NA", he said, "What does "naaa" mean Mom? Does that mean they kick you out?"

Bryant did great too. He got 3s and 4s and a couple of 2s in categories that reminded him to slow down and show his best work. Good job boys! We are proud of you!

0 comments: