Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In Memory


This Memorial Day was especially touching to me. My brother in law returned from a tour in Afganistan the Saturday before. We are very grateful to the sacrifice he made and especially the sacrifice made by those who did not return with him.
Last year, we went to the local cemetary to watch the tribute that was so thoughtfully done. It was so moving to me. This year, we got rained out, but I took some time to sit my boys down and tell them why they had the day off of school. I wanted them to know that the life they live came at a price that others have paid for them. We should never take that for granted.
I thought about listing in this post, all the names of the servicemen that I knew, but I was afraid to leave anyone out. So, if you are a serviceman or the spouse or child of one, this post is for you. Thank you.