My grandma is 82 today. She's had a hard year this past year, my Papa died. So, this year especially, I want her to know how much I love her. She was a major figure in my childhood. I would spend the night at her house on a regular basis and for much of my childhood, she and my Papa lived quite close to me. I remember when I had the chicken pox, she watched me and cared for me while my mother was taking care of a prior engagement. I remember her taking me to my dance classes while my mother was sick and then after she died. I remember camping, driving across the country and shopping with her. I love my grandmother and I miss her. Here is a little info about her life:
She was born in Columbia, SC and has 4 brothers and 3 sisters. Her father was a barber and her mother worked as a seamstress when she wasn't too busy raising her children. She married my Papa in 1946 and they were married for 63 years before he died. My grandmother had many jobs over the years, including waitressing and customer service, but her most important job was raising her six children. She and my papa were blessed with 22 grandchildren and currently have 20 great grandchildren.
I love my grandma.
Happy Birthday Grandma!!
8 years ago



1 comments:
aridenThanks so much for the blog. For all of the birthday wishes on facebooks and cards. Also, that all of the great grandchildren old enough to talk called(or their Moms did) and sang 'Happy Birthday, Great Grandma' And all of the telephoe calls. I love you all very much and even though the most important person wasn't here to say it, I know he was wishing me a 'happy birth day' and thanking all of my family and friends for thinking of me. I miss him so very much. Life is just not complete without him.
Post a Comment