Friday, May 15, 2009

My Morning

My mornings are filled with delightful, obeying children and a calm mother. Ok- that's a lie- really they are filled with angry threats of taking children to school naked if they don't put their gosh darn clothes on (this is 90% of the time directed at Dalton, who is really good at getting his clothes off, but not so good at getting them on)

So this morning, it went something like this:

Mom: boys, get dressed.

and then I see that the clothes are indeed being shed so I tackle the baby to the floor who proceeds to yell at me and kick me with unbelievable force in the chest. As I am stripping the baby down, Dalton comes over, buck naked, and spits on his baby.

Mom: Dalton Kent! Don't spit on your brother!

Dalton looks at me like a deer in the headlights and you can see him thinking, "oh crap, I'm busted" and he takes off running (naked, remember?) He is running around the house, doing laps and screaming as I'm yelling, "get back here, get dressed!"

Finally, out of desperation, I try, "Dalton, get back here and get dressed or I am gonna tell your Grandpa you're being naughty!"

Dalton stops dead in his tracks and runs and sits down and immediately starts getting dressed! "Please don't tell Grandpa, PLEASE! Don't tell Grandpa I was naughty!"

WOW! What's my chances of this working again!?

3 comments:

TheFischerFam said...

I would definitely try it again. It might be his magic spot. We have found the magic spot with our boys is threatening to take away toys or throw them away. Then if they don't shape up and obey, then we go and start gathering toys. We have never actually thrown any away, but they have made it outside in a bag so the boys think they are being thrown away. Then they have to earn them back.

Tammy said...

Wow - what does Grandpa have to hold over his head? That is hilarious!

Stacey Says said...

Shay that is amazing! Oh the craziness! :) - Stacey