Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Rite of Passage

On Sunday, Dalton came to me and said, "Mom, something is wrong with my tooth, it's crooked." (Yeah buddy, all your teeth are crooked, and there still baby teeth, so I'm saving now for braces). I checked and saw nothing awry. "Looks good Bud." "No Mommy, this one" and he proceeds to use his tongue to push is tooth quite out of place. Almost out. "Oh, Dalton, you have a loose tooth. Cool. It looks almost ready to fall out and then you can put it under your pillow!" He looked at me like I had said his arm was about to fall off, so I just dropped it and figured he'd come around when it did fall out.
It didn't take long. Last night, while eating dinner, suddenly he held his hand out and said, "Mom, my tooth just fell out." Sweet. That was easy. He was kind of freaked out by the blood, but got over it quickly when Bryant began talking about the $2 bills the Tooth Fairy leaves.
He's a big kid now.


2 comments:

Laci said...

How cute! That's funny that it kind of freaked him out a little. Does he remember Bryant losing teeth?

The Little Red Hen said...

Aren't you glad there was not big "onry" guy standing by with a doorknob and a piece of string?