So, when we first viewed our house, the previous owners had this huge, expensive looking, decorative mirror above the fireplace in the living room. It was perfectly spaced in the alcove and it looked awesome. Everything we put there just didn't fill the space and look right, so this week after we bought new furniture (an awesome family leather couch for the family room- we all fit on it!- and then we moved that furniture in the living room). The rooms looked so much better so we decided we needed a mirror too. I'd looked a few times but mirrors that size were like $700 and not to be found on craigslist.
After we got the rooms set up with the new furniture I looked again on craigslist and low and behold their was this beautiful, perfectly sized mirror listed in my town! But, it was $100 more than we were prepared to pay, so Carl told me to watch it and see if they reduce the price. I was skeptical, but when I looked the next evening, they had! I emailed the listing and was totally surprised when the reply came from our home's former owner!
And to make it even better, we had never taken the hooks down because they were painted and we thought it would be less noticable to leave them up. So I went and picked it up and 30 minutes later we were hanging the mirror on the perfectly measured and placed hooks on the wall.
Maybe next I should wish for a new coffee table...
8 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment