Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not my best day...

Wow. What a day. We began with a dead car battery- because one of those [sweet, wonderful, perfect] little boys left a dome light on. So, I turned to Bryant and said, "RUN! to the bus stop". I sent Dalton inside and Bryant and I (in cute ugg slippers carrying Rylan in his jammies) RAN up the hill and around the corner to the bus stop only to see it driving away. So, we turned around and trudged back down the hill, out of breath, in defeat. I went to a neighbor's house (don't you LOVE those neighbors who work from home- I DO) and begged with puppy dog eyes for help jumping my car. Of course by the time that was done and Rylan was dressed (and I had shoes on) Bryant was late, but I loaded everyone up and drove to school and unloaded everyone so I could go inside and sign him in. Then we took Dalton to his school and Rylan and I went shopping. We got some of the best deals (monopoly for $2 and Connect 4 for $3, towels for 50 cents and Easter candy for FREE) from 3 different stores. Rylan threw a temper tantrum in each one. He's very [sweet, wonderful, angelic] tempermental. But, his biggest tantrum was thrown when we walked up to get Bryant from the bus stop in the afternoon (it was a gorgeous day!). He was furious that we didn't keep walking, so he kicked me and hit me and screamed at me and refused to be moved from the side walk, so I took him home and put him in bed until he screamed himself to sleep. Then, to top off my [fabulous, wonderful, perfect] day, I found a dead mouse on the floor of my garage. I kinda freaked out. I'm sure it would have made an awesome youtube video. I'm a pretty tough cookie, I kill spiders, bugs, etc, and I hold Bryant's gecko. Snakes and furry house pets don't freak me out (not my fav- but don't freak me out) but something about that mouse (any dead mouse/rat) left me weak in the knees and hyperventilating. I called my Dad and he basically said, 'suck it up or make Bryant do it'. So I got out the snow shovel and made Bryant come and help me by opening the trash can. I took two steps towards the dead mouse. And shivered and felt my heart jumping out of my chest and so I stopped. I took a breath and took two more steps and just could NOT go any closer. I just could NOT do it. Eww so GROSS!!! Luckily, by pure inspiration the missionaries showed up at my door, (probably to check in and get names of people to visit- I never did figure out why). I swung open the door and said, "what are you doing here? Did you come to get my dead mouse?????" Once they figured out what the raving lunatic (that'd be me) wanted/needed, they removed the [ewww] dead mouse while I stood on the other side of the garage refusing to even watch. I felt like such a girl. Kinda embarrassing. But, alas- car is working, dead mouse gone, dishes and laundry done and Rylan has gone to bed for the first time ever WITHOUT A PACI! So the day isn't a complete loss.

1 comments:

the coltons said...

don't you just love those days? so much that you can't wait for the next? :)