I remembered, this afternoon, as I was reading my scriptures, something that was recently taught to me.
A couple of months ago, Carl and I were doing sealings in the temple (I always think of Papa when I go do sealings in the temple and I hope I always do) and at one point the sealer laid down his name card and began to teach us. I love it when they do this. Somehow the question and answer period got to what life is like on the other side, and the sealer said, (and I paraphrase)"Don't quote me in Sacrament Meeting on this because it isn't doctrine, but I think I will be busy. I believe that there is a final ordinance to be performed for every sealing ever done on earth. A chance for every couple and family who is sealed to accept and finalize that ordinance on the other side and it is the responsibility of the sealer who sealed them on earth to perform that final ordinance."
This really struck a cord with me and it seemed a very real possibility. For a Papa who had a hard time sitting still but was forced to do so in the final years of his life, I believe this is a welcome and exciting time for him. Now that all the "welcome"s and "hello"s have been said, I think my Papa is busy today.
And as much as I miss him, I am sure happy for him.
If you were sealed by my Papa, or know of someone who was, let me know and I'll add your name.
If you are not LDS and you have no clue what I just said, I'll be happy to explain it to you.
People sealed by my Papa: (its a work in progress- bear with me.)
Carl and Shay Carl**Ammon and Melanie Hadley**Korban and Nessa Hadley**Jason and Rachael Ross**Jeff and Jill Rish**Bryan and Kelly Zingmark**Chris and Lauren Richins**Devin and Hillary Carroll**Tim and Caitlin Browning**Jacob and Laci Caraway**Jeff and Deena Harris**Daniel and Shannon Smith**Chad and Jenifer Koyle**Michael and Cindy Smith**David and Heather Smith**Bob and Lauren (Kamber) Hughes**Daniel and Amy (Rossiter) Fowler
8 years ago



3 comments:
That's very impressive that you put all those pics together.
So sorry to hear about your papa.
Shay,
I was so happy to see that you had Michael and my name on your list of people sealed by your Papa! Today our ward had our primary program and since the theme is "My Eternal Family" I mentioned (I'm the Primary Pres.) that My family was made Eternal by Lester Carroll and how that was special to me and makes me feel close to him. I think that's such a nice thing to put on your blog. I have a picture of us with him, I'll scan it and send it to you so you can add it to your file :-)
I'm not sure who told you that he sealed Jonathon and Angela, but President Yarn sealed them.
Your family is in my prayers and I'm sure your Papa is busy too. We will miss him.
I like Dalton and Bryant!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment