We are just finishing up our first set of swimming lessons for the summer (we have one more set to go!) and we can't even do that without a story.
I signed both boys up for the 15 minutes of playtime at the end of their lesson each week. The very first time we went, Dalton was only in the water for maybe 2 minutes before he found the small section in the play area that was too deep for him. I looked up just in time to see his little head bobbing up and down. He grabbed onto the separator rope (that separated the kiddie area from the regular pool) and was holding onto it for dear life while bobbing up and down. Of course, I was fully dressed and holding Rylan and came within inches of jumping in before I got the attention of another parent, already in the pool, who could grab him. He came out coughing and then turned and jumped right back in!!! We had a couple of close calls in that very looonnngg 15 minutes of play time. So, on the way home, we set a few rules, we all repeated over and over "the rope is bad, stay away from the rope; the bubbles are good, play by the bubbles" (there are some little fountains in the shallow end). And then just to make sure, I bribed him with a 50 cent popcorn. So, now, every lesson that we stay away from the "bad" rope and therefore, don't drown, each of the boys gets a 50 cent popcorn. Whatever, right? Atleast we are all still breathing.
Bryant is doing great at swimming lessons. He is swimming like a fish and has decided that swimming is easier with goggles. So, he has gotten his very first pair of swimming goggles. They are blue camo, because camo is sooo cool right now!



1 comments:
Nonnie likes the blog and has been thinking about doing one for the "family". But, I think one per (adult child) family may be more fun for us as Grandparents...so go for it.
Love you too much,
Nonnie
Post a Comment