Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Hard Day- Staples and All



We sure had a doozy of a day on Monday! It started by a bad shopping trip in the morning. Rylan got a hanger stuck in his mouth while we were shopping at the store. I didn't realize that the arm of the hanger with hooked under his arm so as I tried to pull the hook out of his mouth, it wouldn't budge and I was started to freak out thinking the hook of the hanger had really gotten stuck in my baby's mouth. Then I noticed it was just stuck under his arm and I unlodged it and pulled it out. He was screaming by this point. You know that hyperventalating scream that makes everyone look at you and wonder if you threw your child on the floor or broke both of their arms. But he was fine.

If that wasn't enough, we went to the park after school and Dalton fell somewhere off something (I didn't actually see it) and got this huge gash in the back of his head. His head and shirt were covered in blood and he was screaming. So, the other boys went home with our friends that were there with us (thank goodness) and Dalton and I headed to the ER. On the way, my friend who had the boys called and suggested I call my Dr's office and see if they can do it there (she's has 5 boys, I took her advice.) Luckily, they could and got us right in and they STAPLED it right there in the office. It was quite quick and untraumatic, I'd highly recommend it, but now my 3 year old has 3 staples (yeah, real metal staples) in the back of his head for the next week until we got back to get them taken out (with a stapler remover, of course). He looks kinda like Frankenstein. He was quite the trouper though.

The day wouldn't have been complete without Dalton getting soap squirted right in his eyes (yes, both of them) and then having an accident and smearing poop all over the carpet.

I was glad when the boys all went to bed that night.

0 comments: