Because we are family filled with busy boys, I've learned when to head to the ER. I tend to air on the side of caution, mostly because we have great insurance and it doesn't cost me much, but also because the professionals have better tools to clean it and more options for repair. anyway, here's what happened in August...
At the beginning of August... Rylan fell while running on the deck and had a fight with the planter box. My rule of thumb is that if it is the hands, feet or face, we go to the ER, if its bad enough, at the Children's hospital. We just wen to the local ER for this one and the doc recommended to not stitch it. He said it wasn't deep enough for food to get caught in and it was just a mouth wound (it didn't go over the edge of the lip onto the face) and mouth wounds heal very quickly. Which it did. Good call.
One day later. Quite swollen, and decorated with a smoothie mustache. But, healing quickly.
Then later in August... this was a bike fall and a fight with the asphalt. We took care of this one at the pediatrician's office. I actually didn't realize at first that it was a nasty as it was. I was out walking with the two little ones and Dalton was on his bike, we were closer to Lauren's house (my cousin) than my own so we went there to clean it up and it was pretty nasty looking and full of asphalt chunks. But the ped cleaned it up well and determined it closed together nicely so it could be glued instead of stitches, which thrilled Dalton.








1 comments:
Gotta love our boys and their bonks and bruises and emergency visits :)!! Like you, I am grateful we have good health insurance. Hopefully I don't jinx you our me, but it's a good sign we have made it through most of September with no major incidents ;) !!
Post a Comment