Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas is coming... and so is a baby girl!

Tis the season for...

-making truffles
-trimming the tree (or in my case- trees)
-shopping and wrapping presents
-seeing the lights
-etc
-etc
-etc

I LOVE Christmas. I love everything about it. the songs. the smells. the excitement. the lessons learned. I love spending the family time and watching the movies.
Usually, I'm super prepared way early for Christmas, but I was sick through my usual prep time so we took pics for our Christmas card 2 days ago instead of 2 months ago and ended up with pics like this:




I think I spliced together a decent card though. (you'll have to see that later :)
Our elf has arrived and begun it's antics (more on that later, as well), and I am well into my Christmas plans. Family outings are organized, baking has begun and the music is playing.

In addition to Christmas prep, I have bought this:
and these:



and this crib
and due to the persistent nagging from Carl, which was due to the persistent nagging from the ladies at his work, I have registered here:

Target
Pottery Barn Kids

which, even with 1 marriage and 3 kids, I have NEVER done.

I was going to wait and shuffle boys in rooms, to prepare for the nursery, after Christmas, but the kids have taken it upon themselves to moves to their new beds (even Rylan- it was the easiest transition to a "big bed" we've ever done!) so I guess I'll go get another dresser this week so I can move all the clothes to the right rooms. Luckily- when I decorated the boys' rooms, I put bunkbeds and basic age neutral bedding in each room, so it was easy to shuffle boys back and forth. Moving rooms really is a matter of one more dresser and moving clothes around.

But, I'll wait until after Christmas to put together the little girl nursery. (yay!)

so, I think we are all set for the Christmas season!

Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

TheFischerFam said...

How fun! I love the pictures.