When I Almost Called the Fire Department...
1. I can run pretty fast while sick and pregnant and on unisom.
2. When I run pretty fast while sick and pregnant and on unisom, it doesn't make me feel very well.
3. Six beeps of an alarm at the other end of the house can wake Carl and I up from a dead sleep really quickly.
4. All the smoke alarms going off for 30 seconds can wake up Carl and I and Bryant.
5. Nothing wakes up Dalton and Rylan at 1:30 am.
6. There was no smoke or fire in our house, attic or crawl space at 1:30 am.
7. All of the batteries in our carbon monoxide detectors work great.
8. I am very hesitant to call the fire department at 1:30 am since I called them 2 years ago, and it turned out that it was the humidifier that set off the alarms in our house, and then the fireman still remembered me when we visited the department one year later.
9. Google and wi-fi still work great at 1:30 am.
10. We love google and wi-fi at 1:30 am.
11. After many years, dust can build up in your smoke alarms and can trigger the sensor when the furnace or A/C kicks on.
12. This can be remedied by a can of compressed air.
13. We loved our can of compressed air at 1:30 am.
14. Our smoke alarms were filled with dust.
Bonus: the reason your batteries in your smoke alarms always go out in the middle of the night is because the temperature in your house drops at night and makes the battery sensor more sensitive.
8 years ago



1 comments:
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you had to experience that at 1:30am, but at least it wasn't anything serious. Glad you guys are all ok.
Post a Comment