Monday, February 28, 2011

Called To Serve

I got an idea from a friend for our FHE tonight.

I bought a huge map and we collected all of the missionary information in our family. Who served, where they served and when they served. Then we took all the info and charted it on our map. As more missions are served in our family, we'll chart them on the map too (hopefully we'll be adding my little brother Easton's in the next day or two. Whoo Hoo!)


We hung it front and center in the playroom so that as the boys play they will be reminded of the service our family has rendered. Hopefully, by the time they are of age, they will be burning to add their names to our map too.

It is funny how these things go. I put all this time into this map and the boys were SOOO rambuncious tonight I wonder if they learned a thing. But, atleast they will have the map to nourish the seed we planted.

2 comments:

the coltons said...

what a great idea! seriously, a great reminder and a great visual for them to live up to the family tradition and expectation. i am totally going to do this!

Mom said...

I'm a little late about the eye surgery, but I had a sort of rough two week.
That's just the way Nannie's looked without her glasses(but she never had corrective surgery), but Papa did not know that her eyes were crossed until years after we were married and I told him. He still did not believe me until she took off her glasses and showed him.